Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Water lilies.


I was blown away when Stan, aka-natureluv from Flikr gave me permission to use his photos as a reference. Still shaking head in disbelief. His photos are some of the most beautiful photos I've seen. My favorites are of his ponds, the water and reflections with light playing with the ripples. He is like Monet with a camera. Wonderful mind blowing images. Thankyou so very much Stan.

At the moment I'm enjoying the immediacy of pastels over oils. No mixing nor cleaning up after of brushes and palettes (only pastel dust). No waiting for layers to dry. So I continue my learning.
This pastel of water lilies I prefer to think of as a study.

Pastel after one of Stan, natureluv's photos. On Canson-Mi-Tientes Tex, 40 cms x 27cms.

2 comments:

  1. Pip, this is so beautiful. Nice job. Gene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gene, nice to see you here. Thankyou for your kind comment, appreciate it. Cheers, Pip.

    ReplyDelete